Permanent / Full Time
Vice President, Communications Agency – New York, NY
Social Justice & Non-Profit
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by the creativity and passion of 120 professionals working across the country, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. A fast growing and award-winning agency, we lead the industry in diverse representation as 55% of our entire staff and 62% of our leadership team are people of color. We are women-led as 74% of our staff are women.
We are a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency. Fenton is a remote-forward agency. While we welcome staff from across the country, the majority of our employees reside in the New York City, Washington DC, Los Angeles and in the Bay Area regions. Staff work primarily from home but also gather in person as needed in co-working spaces.
We are currently seeking a NYC-metro area based Vice President who shares our passion for building a more representative democracy and just society. In addition to subject matter expertise in progressive social issues, such as racial justice and supporting non-profit organizations, they will bring communications agency experience to lead client relationships, provide strategic direction, direct teams to success and be a strong contributor to new business.
If you thrive in team centered environments, have an entrepreneurial drive and love the chase of new business, then let us know!
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing the highest level of strategic account management to clients and ensuring high quality deliverables are produced in accordance with budgets and established goals;
- Developing and implementing a wide range of strategies and activities including message development, media strategy and placement, implementation of multichannel tactics measured against KPIs;
- Leading teams of junior and mid-level professionals to excellence, supporting professional development goals of staff (led by People/HR department and robust training program);
- Managing a workload with multiple client accounts and teams;
- Establishing professional networks and nurturing relationships to contribute to building agency pipelines for business expansion and growth.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in leading communications campaigns for nonprofit or public interest advocacy clients involving media relations, or demonstrated equivalent expertise from related sectors such as government, agency or philanthropy. Recent agency background is preferred;
- Knowledge of and connections in NYC and national media outlets and desire to advance the goals of clients in the nonprofit/public interest sector;
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing and mentoring junior and mid-level staff including direct management of a staff of 2 individuals at varying careers levels;
- A passion for and demonstrated ability to create, lead and facilitate the implementation of communications programs with budget parameters that advance the goals of clients;
- Strong leadership of complex, multifaceted accounts and team management abilities that model and nurture excellent client service skills.
- Commitment to pay equity practices;
- Salary band for Vice President begins at $150,000 and is commensurate with experience
- Year-end discretionary bonus;
- New business commission incentive;
- Comprehensive healthcare plans with generous employer premium contribution
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA);
- 401K with employer match (50% up to 6% of your salary, eligible at 90 days of employment);
- Profit sharing plan (4% of total W2 earnings, eligible after a year of employment);
- Flexible PTO for exempt staff and generous accrual policy for non-exempt staff;
- 11 paid company holidays,
- Discretionary company closing between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays;
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement;
- We have adopted a hybrid remote and in-office worksite model. You have the option to work remotely from your home and will travel to Company meetings/events as needed, or you can work from any one of our office locations.
Fenton is an anti-racist and intersectional organization that prioritizes the needs of those who have been historically marginalized or oppressed. We do the work of creating positive social change as an act of repairing the harm done to those who have been and are currently disenfranchised across racial, gender, sexual orientation and preference, religious and other marginalized backgrounds. We are committed to doing work that is rooted in justice and equity and continuing to learn how to do this work better. You can read our full DEI statement here. https://fenton.com/dei-statement/
People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.