NY, DC, SF, or LA
Permanent / Full Time
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help changemakers maximize the impact of their work.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Seattle, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
Fenton is looking for a talented Creative Lead who has a passion for social change and progressive issues and brings a standard of excellence to their work. The VP Creative reports to the Chief Digital and Marketing Officer and is part of the management team overseeing the firm’s roster of clients as well as managing the creative team and workflow. This role is responsible for leading the generation of ideas and campaigns. We consider a strong candidate to be someone who is very comfortable leading and working on creative strategy, creative content, social media campaigns, short-form video, and campaign branding.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is willing to push their craft and isn’t afraid to take creative risks. You will work with the foundations, advocacy groups and global brands taking on some of society’s greatest challenges in all things social impact, human rights, social and economic justice, environmental conservation, education and public health.
The Creative Lead is responsible for developing multi-channel work product that shapes public opinion, drives behavior change, advances policy and transforms conventional thinking. Your work will include a mix of branding, social media content, visual design, integrated campaigns, earned/paid media and experiential. Most importantly your work must be grounded in evidence and driven by audience insights.
This role requires a “whole-brain” thinker who has the ability to manage the creative process from research and strategy to ideation and execution. You will work closely with new business and account/digital teams to uncover insights, develop strategy and help determine how to bring that strategy to life. The ideal candidate will excel at pitching and selling-in ideas and creative concepts to account teams and clients.
- Between 8 -12 years creative agency experience (some in-house experience is great, especially if your work was focused on social change)
- A deep knowledge and passion for social impact and progressive issues.
- Proven track record leading teams and managing budgets
- Demonstrated experience uncovering audience insights and developing strategy
- Leading the creative ideation process and helping to develop communications programming
- Experience pitching a strategy and creative concepts to existing and prospective clients
- Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively
- Fluent in social media strategy and a solid understanding of how to drive engagement across social channels
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of primary and secondary research methodologies
We want passion. We want excitement. We want accountability and commitment. You should be willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty along with the rest of the us who are truly focused on driving positive social change.
This position can be based in one of Fenton’s offices in New York, Washington D.C., or Los Angeles but New York or Washington would be preferred.
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.