NY, DC, SF, or LA
Permanent / Full Time
Fenton is a creative communications agency whose clients are non-profit organizations, political advocacy organizations and corporate clients that are set out to do good in the world. We help our clients raise awareness about important issues that affect the most underserved in our cities, schools, healthcare systems and electoral processes.
Our staff provide communication strategies and services to our clients, which require significant coordination and administrative support for a high volume of meetings. It’s a fun, fast moving environment, staffed by people who not only care about making a difference in the world, but who care about their team members in a very collaborative and supportive way.
We are seeking a Team Assistant who will support in driving the day-to-day business and administrative functions across multiple project teams.
Preferred candidates will have strong organizational skills who thrive in a fast-paced, mission-driven, entrepreneurial environment and who bring a keen attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a resourceful, highly collaborative team player who possesses strong administrative and organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and who excels at managing multiple tasks. The ideal candidate will enjoy meeting deadlines, designing, and refining seamless processes, and enhancing internal communications.
Team Assistant tasks include scheduling meetings and booking travel arrangements, supporting events logistics, organizing files, etc., as well as tasks to support the business and marketing functions of the team, such as organizing financial documents and budgets, marketing materials, awards submissions, and more.
Due to our growth, we are hiring for multiple positions in our Corporate Social Good, Political Advocacy and Digital Teams. This position will support and report to the Executive Vice President, Corporate Social Good; Chief Digital Officer; Executive Vice President or Chief of Political/Issue Advocacy.
Preferred candidates will have corporate office assistant experience, ideally at professional services firms such as PR communication/advertising/marketing agencies and non-profit organizations. They may be administrative professionals, or have interest in pursuing a career in operations, finance, or project management, or client services.
The job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
TEAM PROJECT SUPPORT
- Manage calendar for the Practice Leader and support on ad-hoc projects.
- Provide project support for various team members, such as:
- ○ Scheduling calls and meetings
- ○ Booking travel
- ○ Taking thorough meeting notes and disseminating to all parties
- ○ Conducting research
- ○ Organizing and maintaining practice files, budgets, financial documents, proposals, marketing materials and more
- ○ Maintaining complex meeting calendars for project teams
COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENTS
- Help ensure clear communications across the team and between the team and the broader organization through well-constructed emails, phone calls, meetings, etc. .
- Track, manage, and follow up on external contacts with professionalism, cultivating ongoing relationships as needed.
- Manage inventory of team communications materials.
- Support team-wide scheduling for regular team meetings and occasional team events.
- Manage logistics and coordinate with a variety of parties for virtual and in-person events.
- Arrange travel plans and meetings.
- Facilitating catering orders, purchasing, and sending client gifts.
- General administrative support
- HS degree or equivalency
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated professional communication – writing and editing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to regularly communicate in a virtual setting with practice leads, including use of email, phone and Slack
- A competitive salary against industry standards
- Commitment to pay equity practices
- Published salary bands across all levels
- Salary band for Team Assistant = 50,000 – 60,000
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with employer match
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO for exempt staff and generous accrual policy for non-exempt staff
- 11 paid company holidays
- Discretionary company closing between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
- We have adopted a hybrid remote/in-office worksite model. You have the option to work remotely from your home and will travel to Company meetings/events as needed, or you can work from any one of our office locations. When business related travel is required, it will be approved in accordance with our standard Travel and Expense policy. All travel plans and cost must be approved in advance.
Fenton is an anti-racist and intersectional organization that prioritizes the needs of those who have been historically marginalized or oppressed. We do the work of creating positive social change as an act of repairing the harm done to those who have been and are currently disenfranchised across racial, gender, sexual orientation and preference, religious and other marginalized backgrounds. We are committed to doing work that is rooted in justice and equity and continuing to learn how to do this work better.
People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email Human Resources (email@example.com) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.