NY, DC, SF, or LA
Permanent / Full Time
Job Description – Senior Vice President Creative
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education, and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and staff across the country, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns and offer a wide range of communications services including media relations, digital strategy and branding. We are a mission driven, for profit company whose clients are nonprofits, foundations, and social purpose companies. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We are seeking an individual who has 12 years of experience in an agency setting or immersed in Fenton’s community of clients – campaigns, issue advocacy, foundations and nonprofits. People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers.
The right candidate will have a passion for social change and progressive issues and bring a standard of excellence to their work. The SVP Creative oversees the firm’s roster of clients as well as manages the creative team and workflow. This role is responsible for leading the generation of ideas and campaigns. We consider a strong candidate to be someone who is very comfortable leading and working on creative strategy, creative content, social media campaigns, short-form video, and campaign branding.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is willing to push their craft and isn’t afraid to take creative risks. You will work with the foundations, advocacy groups and global brands taking on some of society’s greatest challenges in all things social impact, human rights, social and economic justice, environmental conservation, education and public health.
The SVP Creative is responsible for developing multi-channel work product that shapes public opinion, drives behavior change, advances policy and transforms conventional thinking. Your work will include a mix of branding, social media content, visual design, integrated campaigns, earned/paid media and experiential. Most importantly your work must be grounded in evidence and driven by audience insights.
This role requires a “whole-brain” thinker who has the ability to manage the creative process from research and strategy to ideation and execution. You will work closely with new business and account/digital teams to uncover insights, develop strategy and help determine how to bring that strategy to life. The ideal candidate will excel at pitching and selling-in ideas and creative concepts to account teams and clients.
You will contribute to new business development, focusing on potential clients who share Fenton’s progressive social perspective and commitment to sound environmental practices, working closely with Account leads as well as generating leads through your network, to identify growth opportunities and grow Fenton’s capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Between 8 -12 years creative agency experience (some in-house experience is great, especially if your work was focused on social change)
- A deep knowledge and passion for social impact and progressive issues.
- Proven track record leading and mentoring teams, managing budgets, scoping projects and allocating staff
- Demonstrated experience uncovering audience insights and developing strategy, leading the creative ideation process and helping to develop communications programming
- Experience pitching a strategy and creative concepts to existing and prospective clients
- Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively
- Fluent in social media strategy and a solid understanding of how to drive engagement across social channels
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Knowledge of primary and secondary research methodologies
This job will be remote for the duration of shelter-in-place policies due to the Covid pandemic. Please note that we are in the process of determining a new model to resume working in person which could include a remote and in-office hybrid approach.
- A competitive salary against industry standards
- Commitment to pay equity practices
- Published salary bands across all levels
- Salary band for Senior Vice President = 190,000 – 225,000
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- New Business commission incentive
- Comprehensive healthcare plans with generous employer premium contribution
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with employer match (50% up to 6% of your salary, eligible at 90 days of employment)
- Profit sharing plan (4% of total W2 earnings, eligible after a year of employment)
- Unlimited PTO for exempt staff and generous accrual policy for non-exempt staff
- 11 paid company holidays
- Discretionary company closing between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.