NY, DC, SF, or LA
Permanent / Full Time
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education, and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and staff across the country, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns and offer a wide range of communications services including media relations, digital strategy, and branding. We are a mission driven, for profit company whose clients are nonprofits, foundations, and social purpose companies. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We are currently seeking a communications savvy Senior Account Executive with a passion for making social change. Preferred candidates will have 3-5 years of experience in project support, research, media relations and social media campaigns in public interest advocacy or social justice communications setting or demonstrated equivalent experience.
People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers.
Fenton has a high-energy, challenging, and supportive environment that puts its clients first while taking professional development of its staff seriously. We want staff who want to work hard, work smart and learn how to be effective change-makers.
The Senior Account Executive is a significant contributor to client accounts and has a wide range of management, editorial and creative responsibilities
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing advanced public relations tactics, including:
- Overseeing media campaigns and contributing to strategic planning for clients
- Pitching high level reports, editors, producers, and columnists
- Writing, editing and reviewing press releases, fact sheets, op-eds and other press materials
- Organizing and staffing press events and editorial board visits
- Serving as primary client contact for small to mid-level accounts
- Developing account strategy with senior staff which includes creating key client correspondence
- Assisting in managing pieces of large accounts and may lead on smaller accounts as assigned
- Managing client relations and building a positive client rapport
- Developing and leading content development for materials such as collateral and client presentations
- Contributing to proposal writing and strategy memos
- Increasing levels of budget responsibilities such:
- Managing client budgets for profitability for preventing overages
- Anticipating and alerting VP/SVP of potential account budget issues
- Participating in new business pitches as assigned including:
- Writing portions of new business proposals
- Development of new business decks
- Leading proposal development processes
- Contributing to new business strategies through providing program recommendations
- Participating in business pitches
- Developing and contributing minimum of two new business ideas per quarter
- Delegating appropriate tasks to junior staff
- Acting as a model of good citizenship
- Attending and leading as appropriate staff and team meetings – providing input and feedback on business improvement, including client service staff development, and office procedures
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience. Not traditional educational paths welcomed!
- Three to five years’ experience with public interest advocacy, nonprofit organizations, philanthropy, campaigns or public affairs
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards, principles, and techniques of public relations, communications and social activism
- Demonstrated experience in traditional and digital media
- Firm understanding of client billing processes, client contracts and customer service
- Demonstrated ability to pitch and service clients
- Ability to efficiently multitask under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook/Entourage), LexisNexis, and internet research skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively – both verbal and nonverbal, with various levels of staff, clients, contactors and media
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism and flexibility in approach to project assignments
- Ability to interact and meet client and team expectations in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Knowledge of one of more of Fenton’s issue areas
- A competitive salary against industry standards
- Commitment to pay equity practices
- Published salary bands across all levels
- Salary band for Senior Account Executive = 70,000 – 85,000
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with employer match
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO for exempt staff and generous accrual policy for non-exempt staff
- 11 paid company holidays
- Discretionary company closing between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
- We have adopted a hybrid remote and in-office worksite model. You have the option to work remotely from your home and will travel to Company meetings/events as needed, or you can work from any one of our office locations.
Fenton is an anti-racist and intersectional organization that prioritizes the needs of those who have been historically marginalized or oppressed. We do the work of creating positive social change as an act of repairing the harm done to those who have been and are currently disenfranchised across racial, gender, sexual orientation and preference, religious and other marginalized backgrounds. We are committed to doing work that is rooted in justice and equity and continuing to learn how to do this work better.
People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information