Permanent / Full Time
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and San Francisco, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
Our Washington, DC office is seeking a Senior Account Executive who is deeply immersed in political news and the 2020 election. If you are savvy in media relations, plugged in with political reporters, eager to work on making progressive policies a reality, and consider yourself a “political news junkie”, then come talk with us! Ideal candidate will also be a project management guru – able to oversee and lead a team in the flawless execution of media strategies.
The Senior Account Executive is a significant contributor to client accounts and has a wide range of management, editorial and creative responsibilities.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute advanced public relations tactics, including:
- o Oversee media campaigns and contribute to strategic planning for clients
- o Pitch high level reporters, editors, producers, and columnists
- o Write, edit and review press releases, fact sheets, op-eds and other press materials
- o Organize and staff press events and editorial board visits
- Serve as primary client contact for small to mid-level accounts
- Contribute media relations ideas to brainstorm sessions and new business meetings
- Develop pitch plans and media outreach strategies, and coordinate media relations across multiple staff
- Develop client strategy with senior staff
- Assist in managing pieces of large accounts and may lead on smaller accounts as assigned
- Manage client and funder relations
- Provide weekly status reports to client, including budget updates
- Contribute to proposal writing and strategy memos
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree in Public Relations, Communications, Advertising, Political Science, English or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in communications/public relations and media relations
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards, principles, and techniques of public relations, communications and social activism
- Firm understanding of client billing processes, client contracts and customer service
- Demonstrated ability to pitch and service clients
- Ability to efficiently multitask under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook/Entourage), Cision, and internet research skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively – both verbal and nonverbal, with various levels of staff, clients, contractors and media
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism and flexibility in approach to project assignments
- Ability to interact and meet client and team expectations in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Knowledge of one of more of Fenton’s issue areas
- Extensive knowledge with print and electronic news media
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.