NY, DC, SF, or LA
Permanent / Full Time
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education, and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications and digital experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help change makers maximize the impact of their work.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and staff across the country, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns and offer a wide range of communications services including media relations, digital strategy, and branding. We are a mission driven, for profit company whose clients are nonprofits, foundations, and social purpose companies. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We are adding a Resource Planning Manager to our operations team, who will manage staffing for all active projects, identify staff for newly won projects, assign projects to new hires, and facilitate offboarding/ project reassignment for any departing staff. You will act as liaison between teams across the agency for all resourcing-related issues and partner with Human Resources to ensure headcount is at the appropriate level
The Resource Manager ensures that project resourcing is managed to assure timely delivery and communicates resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines in a timely manner. It is essential that this person upholds and reiterates existing processes with resourcing partners (project managers, project leads and office leadership) and helps to evolve and enhance resource reporting to inform business decisions based on accurate data. The Resource Planning Manager will also support the Client Service Operations team through facilitating training and agency management initiatives and provide administrative support on the company’s project management tool, Kantata.
To ensure success as the Resource Planning Manager, the ideal candidate should possess extensive knowledge of resource allocation and ideally, have experience in a similar industry. A first-class resource manager will be someone who can accurately assess resource needs and provide sufficient capacity to realize project goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage resource allocation process and allocate resources to available work based on demand, capacity, skill set, and experience
- Work to identify appropriate resource requirements for each account and project in collaboration with Project Managers and Project Leads.
- Administrator of resource management tool, Kantata
- Add new users
- Train new hires
- Add new projects
- Archive projects that have ended
- Maintain data integrity
- Responsible for managing overall utilization and optimization of resource allocations to increase utilization, including facilitating resourcing issues / conflict resolution with Project Leads and senior management
- Communicate assignment changes to staff and managers
- Act as point of contact for resource booking confirmation
- Attend and facilitate all weekly staff hours review meetings
- Liaise with managers from other geographies on a weekly basis to coordinate shared resources as needed
- Support in the development of training on resource management best practices and processes
- Make recruitment recommendations based on forecasted resource needs. Monitor recruitment and liaise with Human Resources to optimize delivery of resource and skills, identifying when new staff are required
- Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing.
- Alert Senior Leadership Team of any potential concerns or issues with meeting key client deliverables due to resourcing.
- Work closely with New Business, Finance, and Client Service Operations teams to forecast the upcoming project pipeline
- Deliver effective and accurate reports detailing key performance indicators such as, but not limited to only:
- Staff with open capacity
- Overbooked staff who need additional support and/or changes to workload
- Flagging projects with staff needs
- Projects that are nearing completion
- New projects that may need staffing
- Analysis and/or high-level findings in comparing actuals to projected hours
- Minimum 3 years of experience in resource management in an agency or professional service firm of 100
- Excellent project management skills handling multiple workstreams and conflicting priorities
- Ability to breakdown ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Experience leading data-driven projects and communicating the results of analysis and insights to peers and leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; collaborative mind-set
- Facility with Excel and the ability to organize data in useful ways
- Experience with Kantata (Mavenlink, Kimble) or a similar Professional Services Automation (PSA) tool
- Ability to learn complex information quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment with the agility to shift priorities to enable team success
- A competitive salary against industry standards
- Commitment to pay equity practices
- Published salary bands across all levels
- Salary band for Senior Account Executive = 100,000 – 125,000
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with employer match
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO for exempt staff and generous accrual policy for non-exempt staff
- 12 paid company holidays
- Discretionary company closing between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- Hybrid remote and in-office worksite model. You have the option to work remotely from your home and will travel to Company meetings/events as needed, or you can work from any one of our office locations.
Fenton is an anti-racist and intersectional organization that prioritizes the needs of those who have been historically marginalized or oppressed. We do the work of creating positive social change as an act of repairing the harm done to those who have been and are currently disenfranchised across racial, gender, sexual orientation and preference, religious and other marginalized backgrounds. We are committed to doing work that is rooted in justice and equity and continuing to learn how to do this work better.
People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.