Part-Time Office Administrator
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications and digital experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help changemakers maximize the impact of their work.
Our Washington DC office is seeking a Part-Time Office Administrator. We are looking for someone to work 10-15 hours per week to manage various administrative tasks to support a team of 20. We will require 2-3 hours/day Monday – Friday, with flexibility to adjust hours as needed as well as carry-out some tasks remotely via email.
- Manage weekly staff meetings
- o Send calendar invites and updates
- o Update and distribute agenda
- Order lunches for internal meetings
- Assist IT staff in setting up computers for new hires
- Assist IT staff in setting up A/V equipment in conference room as needed
- Troubleshoot office IT issues and serve as the liaison for the company’s Network Administrator located in New York
- Assist HR in conducting new hire orientation
- Manage office inventory needs and replenishment
- o Maintain supply of office snacks and beverages
- o Maintain the rotating schedule of kitchen cleaning schedule
- o Maintain supply of copy paper and office supplies
- Maintain the office areas and equipment, as well as light housekeeping of office facilities
- Act as initial point of contact for client guests, office visitors and any incoming/outgoing deliveries
- Establish and maintain effective vendor relationships
- Coordinate local office outings and holiday events
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced, professional office environment
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism and flexibility in approach to ad-hoc needs
- Highly organized with attention to detail
Duties may also require the ability to reach, stoop, and bend, as well as the ability to lift, move, and carry up to 10 lbs. Duties may also require occasional after hours and weekend work.
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.