Permanent / Full Time
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications and digital experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help changemakers maximize the impact of their work.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Seattle, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
Our New York office is currently seeking an Operations Coordinator. The Operations Coordinator is a detail-oriented, self-starter who can work in a fast-paced environment supporting the people who foster deep relationships with our agency’s clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the administration of all client-based and subcontractor contracts; independently handle standard amendments and renewals, consulting with management on complex issues as needed
- Monitors compliance to contract requirements ensuring all administrative conditions are satisfied
- Supports in management of the new business pipeline through Salesforce
- Project Management Set-up; entering customer jobs into accounting and PM tools with information release to appropriate departments
- Provide budgeting and financial support with guidance of the accounting and finance team
- Reconcile general ledger with Salesforce; and maintain a secured revenue file
- Assist in month-end reconciliation process
- Communicate with client services team and finance to resolve accounting discrepancies
- Support HR team
- New hire onboarding and set-up within systems
- Ensure time entry compliance is met across the agency
- Passionate and informed about social change
- Naturally curious and eager to take on new challenges
- Prepared to put clients first and have some customer service experience
- Resourceful and adept at shifting gears in a fast-paced work environment
- Eager to learn, teach others what you know, and participate in a team with a collaborative style
- Able to manage complex projects and multi-task with excellent organization skills
- Superior internal and external communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and independent self-starter who can get jobs done with minimal guidance
- Obsessively detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, and/or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience serving in an Operations, Accounting, Finance, Administrative role, agency experience a plus
- Related experience with contracts at a digital media company, advertising agency, publishing, entertainment or related field, plus
- Experience with CRM systems (ex: Salesforce) a plus
- Strong knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups); familiarity Google documents
- Demonstrated proficiency with and affinity for learning new tools and platforms
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.