Permanent / Full Time
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help changemakers maximize the impact of their work.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and San Francisco, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
Our Washington, DC office is seeking a Marketing Specialist who has expertise in marketing strategies and tactics in-house or at an agency. This person will report to the Chief Digital and Marketing Officer. Ideal candidate will be excellent with project management – able to manage the entire marketing portfolio for the Fenton brand. This position does not work with client accounts – the only “client” will be the Fenton brand.
The Marketing Specialist is a significant contributor to the business development team at Fenton and has a wide range of marketing and communications skills. Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the overall integrated marketing and communications plans for the Fenton brand
- Editing and publishing the Fenton blog and managing the distribution plan (determining the best types of content and timing for publishing, etc)
- Building and maintaining paid media plans and staying within budget parameters each month;
- Managing Fenton’s email distribution strategy (coming up with creative ideas for our email blasts, drafting and formatting content, and sending out value-driven emails to appropriate segments of our email list)
- Creating a reporting and analysis structure to provide senior leadership with regular updates on progress
- Advising senior leadership on recommendations for conference attendance, award submissions, speaking engagements, and networking opportunities
- Writing, editing and distributing press releases to announce new hires
- Ensuring website updates are made related to new hires, and assisting HR in ensuring new hire bios, headshots and materials are integrated into Fenton’s website and intranet
- Working with the business development director to ensure case studies are fresh, updated and regularly posted to Fenton’s website
- Serving as the primary contact for our website developers and ensuring our web properties are functioning effectively on an ongoing basis
- Contributing ideas to brainstorm sessions and new business meetings
- Providing weekly status reports to the marketing team, and monthly status reports to the leadership team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing/communications
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards, principles, and techniques of marketing, public relations, communications and social activism
- Ability to efficiently multitask under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and internet research skills
- Expert level knowledge of social media, WordPress, and Mailchimp
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively – both verbal and nonverbal, with various levels of staff, contractors and media
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism and flexibility in approach to project assignments
- Ability to interact and meet team expectations in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Is passionate about social issues and interested in working on campaigns which tackle progressive causes
- Knowledge of one of more of Fenton’s issue areas
Salary range is $58,500-$70,000. Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.