NY, DC, SF, or LA
Permanent / Full Time
Integrated Media Planner – Digital Senior Account Executive – Paid Media
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education, and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and staff across the country, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns and offer a wide range of communications services including media relations, digital strategy, and branding. We are a mission driven, for profit company whose clients are nonprofits, foundations, and social purpose companies. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We have an exciting opportunity to work on our corporate and brand clients, to help them build purpose-led communications platforms and communicate the impact their commitments have in improving the world we live in, from driving awareness and action in global health, gender equality, to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
What we’re looking for:
An outstanding, client-facing, paid media strategist with a passion for making social change, with an emphasis on planning multi-channel campaigns across social media, digital programmatic, Connected TV (CTV), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), traditional TV, Radio and Out-of-Home (OOH) placements.
The ideal Senior Account Executive candidate has 3 to 5 years of experience in managing and delivering omni-channel paid and organic campaigns, social content, and ad operations from inception to completion. This new team member will be part of an elite team that gets projects completed on time, on budget, and to our exceptionally high standards while working in a dynamic, fast-paced and forward-thinking digital agency environment. The salary band for this role is between $70,000 and $85,000.
People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers.
- An expert in managing integrated, data-driven paid media campaigns (social, digital display, radio, TV, OOH, SEM, etc.) from ideation to execution.
- A deep knowledge of key-performance-indicators (KPIs), benchmarks, and best practices related to public education, persuasion, and behavior change campaigns.
- Proven experience managing paid email and phone-number acquisition campaigns.
- Experienced in analytics and managing client-facing reporting
- A laser-sharp copywriter with comfort providing guidance and direction to optimize advertising creative across various platforms.
- A strong point of view on the value of buttons to static advertising
- Track record of success managing wider organic digital communications campaigns involving social media, community management, email outreach (fundraising, newsletters, advocacy), SMS, and website development.
- The passion for social issues interested in working on campaigns that tackle progressive causes through both a corporate social responsibility (CSR) and an advocacy lens.
- a knack for translating complex CSR or advocacy campaigns into creative digital and traditional paid media programs.
- Comfortable in managing multiple concurrent projects and cross-functional team members via web-based project management software.
- A proactive team member with proven problem-solving skills, confident in your ability to meticulously organize and keep projects moving forward
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communications skills with tenacity to solve clients’ problems quickly and to provide them with excellent service
- An enthusiastic and committed attitude, flexible problem-solver, open to participate and promote change within the organization
- A self-starter with ability to think independently and work autonomously when necessary and a desire to succeed among fellow professionals
What you’ll do at Fenton:
- Develop strategic communications campaigns to achieve impact in progressive causes
- Help reach overall communications goals for a variety of CSR, non-profit, government and foundation clients through the development of novel, integrated paid media campaigns from initial media planning to content drafting and reporting.
- Typical media budgets for these projects are between $1K and $1MM.
- Oversee and direct multiple projects at a time (within a given brand or client) or a single, large scale, complex project
- Ensure projects meet client requirements and work to exceed expectations through creative and thoughtful tactical planning
- Oversee all aspects of a project: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality assurance, and communication
- Develop skills to manage increasingly more complex campaigns to be delivered on-time and on-budget
- Manage one or more junior staff within a project, including allocating and assigning their time and project support activities, overseeing project budget management, and supervising reporting paid analytics
- Interface heavily with senior technical and executive management within client teams to assure project goals are understood and align to client strategy
- Lead internal and external status meetings effectively; capture, store and distribute meeting notes and adjust project work plans accordingly
- Evaluate new project requests, identify resources needed, assign individual responsibilities, deploy action items, and escalate as necessary
- Interface regularly with clients to provide updates on project progress as well as lead internally
- Provide regular updates and progress reports to internal teams and/or client stakeholders
- Keep track of lessons learned and share with internal and external team members to better the company through shared insights
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal and external processes along with actionable and thoughtful solutions
- Keep up to date on advertising industry and competitor trends and benchmarks
- Develop messaging, narrative briefs, content briefs and creative briefs for paid and organic social media campaigns.
In addition to 3-5 years of experience in digital work or demonstrated equivalent experience, with preference for experience at a communications agency, we are looking for candidates with strong track record in:
- Advanced knowledge of the following: both consumer and advocacy CRMs, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and other digital metrics platforms.
- Proven track record of planning success paid media campaigns to raise awareness of a brand or issue, acquire new leads, or persuade an audience to change their behavior.
- Advanced knowledge of social platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc and community management platforms (Example: Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of online and offline paid media vehicles (social media, display, CTV, radio, TV, OOH, SEM, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and facilitate team meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects, balance competing tasks, and manage a diverse project team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Expertise in web-based project management software and MS Excel data
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results
- 1-3 years of people management experience
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience as well as non-traditional educational paths.
- A competitive salary against industry standards
- Commitment to pay equity practices
- Published salary bands across all levels
- Salary band for Digital Senior Account Executive = $70,000 – $85,000
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with employer match
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO for exempt staff and generous accrual policy for non-exempt staff
- 11 paid company holidays
- Discretionary company closing between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.