Contract or Temp
We are ACTIO, the CSR & purpose-inspired brand building division of Fenton Communications, a strategic and creative communications agency dedicated to creating social change in human rights, social and economic justice, the environment, education and public health… you can check us out at www.actiobrand.com & www.fenton.com.
At ACTIO we help our corporate and brand clients build purpose-led communications platforms and communicate the impact their commitments have in improving the world we live in, from driving awareness and action in climate change, gender equality and responsible consumption and production to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We have an exciting Fellowship opportunity for a recent college grad. You will bring your strong writing and organizational skills and passion for CSR & Purpose and get hands-on experience in executing communication programs that “move brands to move the world”.
The Fellowship begins in January 2019 and runs through the end of June 2019. This is a paid position. Applicants must be available on a full-time basis, Monday – Friday, 9:30 – 5:30,
The Fellow’s primary role is to provide project support in the development and execution of purpose-led corporate and brand communications strategies for our clients. A typical week will include a blend of project coordination and logistics, research, copy-editing, media monitoring and participation in larger team strategy sessions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with landscape and competitive analysis research projects; gather insights to inform campaigns and communications strategies.
- Conduct communications audits using Google, Lexis-Nexis, Radian6 and other Internet tools
- Contribute to message development
- Support digital campaigns, website projects and social media management
- Develop presentations and design materials using a number of digital tools, such as Keynote or PowerPoint
- Proofread/copyedit documents
- Participate in new business pitches as assigned
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions
- Assist with client accounting codes, budgets, projections and work plans
- Schedule meetings and setting up teleconferences, as needed
- Organize logistics for client meetings, conferences and other events
- Monitor news media and social media; compile summaries of coverage
- Research relevant journalists for targeted pitches and build media lists
- Pitch all levels of reporters, editors, producers, bloggers
- Conduct research on issue areas, online communities, media markets and new business prospects
- Help create and edit press releases, advisories, pitch memos, fact sheets, op-eds, online content and other collateral
- Passionate and informed about CSR
- Naturally curious and eager to take on new challenges
- Prepared to put clients first and have some customer service experience
- Able to pitch and secure media placements while being an avid consumer of news
- An excellent writer and editor
- Resourceful and adept at shifting gears in a fast-paced work environment
- An eagle-eyed researcher who leaves no stones unturned
- Obsessed with the latest internet meme, what makes it so popular and how a client might ride its wave
- Eager to learn, teach others what you know, and participate in a team with a collaborative style
- Looking to enjoy a fast-paced and creative work place with wonderful colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum requirement)
- Prior relevant internship experience
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Attention to detail and organization
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.