NY, DC, SF, or LA
Permanent / Full Time
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications and digital experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help change makers maximize the impact of their work.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Seattle, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
What we’re looking for:
An outstanding, client-facing, digital and paid media strategist with a passion for making social change. The ideal Senior Account Executive candidate has 3 to 5 years of experience in managing and delivering omni-channel paid and organic campaigns, social content, ad operations and website projects from inception to completion. This new team member will be part of an elite team that gets projects completed on time, on budget and to our exceptionally high standards while working in a dynamic, fast-paced and forward-thinking digital agency environment.
- An expert in managing integrated, data-driven digital campaigns, including paid media (social and digital display), organic social media, as well as email fundraising and advocacy.
- The passion for social issues with an emphasis on political advocacy and interested in working on campaigns that tackle progressive causes
- A knack for finding new and creative ways to tell stories using digital platforms
- An enthusiasm for taking a project from concept to execution and measurement
- Comfortable in managing multiple concurrent projects and cross-functional team members via web-based project management software
- A proactive team member with proven problem-solving skills, confident in your ability to meticulously organize and keep projects moving forward
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communications skills with tenacity to solve clients’ problems quickly and to provide them with excellent service
- An enthusiastic and committed attitude, flexible problem-solver, open to participate and promote change within the organization
- A self-starter with ability to think independently and work autonomously when necessary and a desire to succeed among fellow professionals
What you’ll do at Fenton:
- Develop strategic communications campaigns to achieve impact in progressive causes
- Oversee and direct multiple projects at a time (within a given brand or client) or a single, large scale, complex project
- Ensure projects meet client requirements and work to exceed expectations through creative and thoughtful tactical planning
- Oversee all aspects of a project: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality assurance, and communication to stakeholders’ fullest satisfaction
- Develop skills to manage increasingly more complex campaigns to be delivered on-time and on-budget
- Manage one or more junior staff within a project, including allocating and assigning their time and project support activities, and overseeing project budget management
- Interface heavily with senior technical and executive management within client teams to assure project goals are understood and align to client strategy
- Lead internal and external status meetings effectively; capture, store and distribute meeting notes and adjust project work plans accordingly
- Evaluate new project requests, identify resources needed, assign individual responsibilities, deploy action items, and escalate as necessary
- Interface regularly with clients to provide updates on project progress as well as lead internally Provide regular updates and progress reports to internal teams and/or client stakeholders
- Keep track of lessons learned and share with internal and external team members to better the company through shared insights
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal and external processes along with actionable and thoughtful solutions
In addition to 3-5 years of experience in digital work or demonstrated equivalent experience, with preference for experience at a firm, we are looking for candidates with strong track record in:
- Advanced knowledge of the following: web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and other digital metrics platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc) and community management platforms (Example: Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc).
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and facilitate team meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects, balance competing tasks, and manage a diverse project team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Expertise in web-based project management software and MS Excel data
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results
- 1-3 years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that aligns with our progressive values, such as medical, dental and vision coverage with competitive employer premium contributions, 401k Retirement plan with corporate match, Profit Sharing plan; generous PTO, days off to volunteer and strong company culture embedded with our values and commitment to social justice.
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.