NY, DC, SF, or LA
Permanent / Full Time
in addition to our 4 operating locations
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education, and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and staff across the country, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns and offer a wide range of communications services including media relations, digital strategy, and branding. We are a mission driven, for profit company whose clients are nonprofits, foundations, and social purpose companies. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We have an exciting opportunity to work on our corporate and brand clients, to help them build purpose-led communications platforms and communicate the impact their commitments have in improving the world we live in, from driving awareness and action in global health, gender equality, to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
What we’re looking for:
An outstanding, client-facing, digital strategist who shares our passion for addressing the inequity in access to healthcare in underserved communities and our commitment to increasing wellbeing worldwide.
They will apply their expertise in global health communications, digital marketing strategies, and narrative storytelling to amplify our client’s global portfolio of programs in regions with the highest community health burdens.
The ideal Senior Account Executive candidate has 3 to 5 years of experience in managing and delivering social content, from inception to completion. This new team member will be part of an elite team that gets projects completed on time, on budget and to our exceptionally high standards while working in a dynamic, fast-paced and forward-thinking digital agency environment.
- An expert in managing integrated, data-driven digital campaigns, including, organic social media, as well as email fundraising and advocacy.
- The passion for social issues with an emphasis on corporate social responsibility and public health
- A knack for finding new and creative ways to tell stories using digital platforms
- An enthusiasm for taking a project from concept to execution and measurement
- Comfortable in managing multiple concurrent projects and cross-functional team members via web-based project management software
- A proactive team member with proven problem-solving skills, confident in your ability to meticulously organize and keep projects moving forward
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communications skills with tenacity to solve clients’ problems quickly and to provide them with excellent service
- An enthusiastic and committed attitude, flexible problem-solver, open to participate and promote change within the organization
- A self-starter with ability to think independently and work autonomously when necessary and a desire to succeed among fellow professionals
What you’ll do at Fenton:
- Develop strategic communications campaigns to achieve impact in progressive causes
- Oversee and direct multiple projects at a time (within a given brand or client) or a single, large scale, complex project
- Ensure projects meet client requirements and work to exceed expectations through creative and thoughtful tactical planning
- Oversee all aspects of a project: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality assurance, and communication to stakeholders’ fullest satisfaction
- Develop skills to manage increasingly more complex campaigns to be delivered on-time and on-budget
- Manage one or more junior staff within a project, including allocating and assigning their time and project support activities, and overseeing project budget management
- Interface heavily with senior technical and executive management within client teams to assure project goals are understood and align to client strategy
- Lead internal and external status meetings effectively; capture, store and distribute meeting notes and adjust project work plans accordingly
- Evaluate new project requests, identify resources needed, assign individual responsibilities, deploy action items, and escalate as necessary
- Interface regularly with clients to provide updates on project progress as well as lead internally Provide regular updates and progress reports to internal teams and/or client stakeholders
- Keep track of lessons learned and share with internal and external team members to better the company through shared insights
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal and external processes along with actionable and thoughtful solutions
In addition to 3-5 years of experience in digital work or demonstrated equivalent experience, with preference for experience at a firm, we are looking for candidates with strong track record in:
- Advanced knowledge of the following: web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and other digital metrics platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc) and community management platforms (Example: Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc).
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and facilitate team meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects, balance competing tasks, and manage a diverse project team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience
- Expertise in web-based project management software and MS Excel data
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results
- 1-3 years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, non-traditional educational paths welcomed!
- A competitive salary against industry standards
- Commitment to pay equity practices
- Published salary bands across all levels
- Salary band for Account Director = 75,000 – 85,000
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with employer match
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO for exempt staff and generous accrual policy for non-exempt staff
- 11 paid company holidays
- Discretionary company closing between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.