NY, DC, SF, or LA
Contract or Temp
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education, and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and staff across the country, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns and offer a wide range of communications services including media relations, digital strategy, and branding.
We are a mission-driven, for-profit company whose clients are nonprofits, foundations, and social purpose companies. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
Fenton’s Fellowship program presents its participants with a tangible opportunity to nurture and use the skills needed to succeed in a career centered on progressive communications with an emphasis on digital strategies. Successful candidates will be mentored under real-world working conditions by accomplished professionals as they create and implement industry-leading communications strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience; non-traditional educational paths are welcome
- Is interested in and excited by social change and issue campaigns
- Has some experience and a strong desire to learn about digital organizing, paid digital ads, social media and email communications
- Is a strong writer
- Is a media and news junkie
- Is a multi-tasker and effective organizer who is capable of managing competing tasks and projects simultaneously while ensuring deadlines are met
- Is able to clearly and promptly communicate problems, needs, opportunities and proposed solutions to your colleagues in order to solve problems
- Has prior experience in political campaigns or GOTV efforts
- Has prior experience in motivating hard-to-reach and marginalized communities to become involved in the political process
- Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator experience
- Experience with CRMs like ActionNetwork, Mailchimp, or EveryAction
- HTML/CSS Proficient
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist account staff with various digital, administrative and research activities.
- Support social media campaigns and community management for a variety of progressive clients
- Write and develop copy for outreach/campaign emails, blogs, and other forms of digital content
- Deploy and send direct communications via email sending and SMS platforms like ActionNetwork and Mailchimp
- Search and monitor (sometimes unpleasant) corners of the internet to help clients identify ways to optimize outreach or respond to opposition disinformation
- Support the deployment of paid campaigns on a variety of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google AdWords
- Draft ad copy and manage tracking documents for client review
- Utilizing online metrics tools to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns and online advertising
- Conducting research on various issues, campaigns and organizations
Capstone Certification & Presentation
With guidance and mentorship from your Fellow advisor, you will complete certifications for Facebook, Google Ads, Google Analytics and Youtube. At the end of the fellowship you will give a 5-10 minute presentation to Fenton staff on these certifications, how you used them in practice for client work, and skills you honed throughout the certification process.
- A competitive salary against industry standards
- Compensation = $20/hour
- Remote/flexible working environments
The Fellowship begins on Wednesday, January 12, 2022, and runs through Friday, June 3, 2022.
Please apply below using the form. Please PDF all attachments. Applications are due by November 30, 2021.
Part-time positions will be considered on an individual basis – please indicate if you are only available part-time. If you have any questions please email Taylor Tringali at email@example.com.
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work. People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high-caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers.