Digital Fellow – Social Change Agency, NY
September 2018 to December 2018
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help changemakers maximize the impact of their work.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Seattle, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
Fenton’s fellowship program presents its participants with a tangible opportunity to nurture and use the skills needed to succeed in a career centered on progressive communications. Successful candidates will be mentored under real world working conditions by accomplished professionals as they create and implement industry leading communications strategies.
A Digital Fellow is responsible for assisting account staff with various digital, administrative and research activities. Essential responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring news media coverage and social media and analyzing results
- Utilizing online metrics tools to report on statistics for websites, social media sites, email campaigns and online advertising
- Conducting research on various issues, campaigns and organizations using Google, Lexis-Nexis, NUVI and other tools
- Conducting stakeholder interviews
- Community management on platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
- Assisting with paid digital advertising
- Developing presentations and designing materials using a number of digital tools, such as Keynote and Photoshop
- Joining meetings and taking notes
- Taking part in creative brainstorm sessions
- Sharing cool finds about media, issues or the web that can help improve our work
Ideal candidates must have the following characteristics:
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Love of problem-solving
- Enjoy taking on new challenges in a creative environment
- Passion for communications (you have strong opinions on the serial comma and frequently think about why words matter)
- Media, digital and issues enthusiast, because we’re a bunch of geeks for all of that
It would also be awesome if you have experience with:
- Google Analytics
- Sprout Social
- Adobe Creative Suite
The Fellowship begins in September 2018 and runs through December 21, 2018. This is a paid Fellowship.
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer, striving to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work. We have a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community.