NY, DC, SF, or LA
Permanent / Full Time
Digital Account Executive
Communications Agency, CSR, Global Health
NY, DC, SF, LA
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in progressive advocacy, human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education, and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, and staff across the country, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns and offer a wide range of communications services including media relations, digital strategy, and branding. We are a mission driven, for profit company whose clients are nonprofits, foundations, and social purpose companies. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We are looking for a Digital Account Executive, an early-to-mid-level professional interested in continuing a career in progressive communications, digital media management as well as issue and political advocacy. They will work across multiple lines of an account developing and executing on and offline solutions which help our clients to meet their missions. The ideal candidate is comfortable multi- tasking, prioritizing competing deadlines and enjoys taking on new challenges in a creative and innovative environment. They have some background in project management and execution, social media campaigns, paid digital programs or digital content creation and is a strong writer.
This employee has two to four years of relevant experience, a bachelor’s degree or related experience, as well as non-traditional educational paths. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to work for, learn from and be mentored by experienced professionals. You’ll join a strong, thriving team under senior direction dedicated to staff development.
We have an exciting opportunity to work on our corporate and brand clients, to help them build purpose-led communications platforms and communicate the impact their commitments have in improving the world we live in, from driving awareness and action in global health, gender equality, to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The ideal candidate:
- Is interested in and excited by social change and issue campaigns.
- Has 2-4 years of prior experience in digital organizing or digital marketing.
- Is a strong writer and can write laser-sharp copy with minimal oversight.
- Has prior experience in or strong desire to learn about paid digital programs.
- Is a media and news junkie.
- Is a multi-tasker and effective organizer who is capable of managing competing tasks and projects simultaneously while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Is able to build trust and cultivate strong relationships with teams, clients, vendors and industry professionals.
- Has the ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain a professional “can do” attitude.
- Is able to clearly and promptly communicate problems, needs, opportunities and proposed solutions to your manager and colleagues in order to solve problems.
- Performs tasks accurately and thoroughly to ensure high-quality work is delivered on time.
- Is able to take the initiative to identify challenges, propose solutions and take the lead when prompted by a supervisor.
- Has prior experience with political campaigns or GOTV efforts.
- o OR
- Has prior experience at a social justice oriented non-profit or brand.
- Has prior experience in motivating hard-to-reach and marginalized communities to become involved in the political process.
- Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator experience.
- Experience with advocacy tools like ActionNetwork, Blue State Digital tools, or EveryAction.
- HTML/CSS Proficient
What you’ll do at Fenton:
Digital Organizing and Communications
- Manage social media campaigns and community management for a variety of progressive clients.
- Write and develop copy for outreach/campaign emails, blogs, and other forms of digital content.
- Deploy and send direct communications via email sending and SMS platforms like ActionNetwork and Mailchimp.
- Search and monitor (sometimes unpleasant) corners of the internet to help clients identify ways to optimize outreach or respond to opposition disinformation.
- Assist in developing client strategy working with senior staff.
Paid Digital Media Management
- Manage the deployment of paid campaigns on a variety of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google AdWords and Programmatic platforms.
- Maintain relationships with external media buyers and planners.
- Draft ad copy and manage tracking documents for client review.
- Compile weekly/monthly reports for a variety of campaigns and clients.
- Ensure that assigned clients receive regular status reports and budget updates.
- Write, proof and edit key documents including: reports, memos, client and media communications, case studies, proposals, letters, emails.
- Organize and maintain lists, databases and libraries of critical client and agency information.
- Contribute to projects by conducting research, coordinating with outside vendors and client contacts.
- Assist with developing project and task budgets and timelines.
- Effectively present updates internally and externally on assignments.
- Follow agency operational and accounting processes
- Train and mentor account coordinators
- Keep track of your time and record it properly
- Participate in brainstorm and ideation sessions, contributing ideas and tactical approaches to achieve client objectives.
- Support the pitch leader in research and materials development
- Participate in new business pitches as needed
People of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive staff. We believe that our firm’s continued success is driven by hiring and retaining high caliber staff from all backgrounds, experiences, identities, and orientations. We are committed to supporting our staff in growing their careers.
- A competitive salary against industry standards
- Commitment to pay equity practices
- Published salary bands across all levels
- Salary band for Digital Account Executive = 58,500 –70,000
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with employer match
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO for exempt staff and generous accrual policy for non-exempt staff
- 11 paid company holidays
- Discretionary company closing between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, Black, Latinx, AAPI people, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.