Permanent / Full Time
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Seattle, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We are looking for an Account Executive in our DC office, an early-to-mid-level professional interested in pursuing a career in progressive communications, public relations and issue advocacy.
The Account Executive works across multiple lines of an account developing and executing on and offline solutions which help our clients to meet their missions. The ideal candidate is comfortable multi- tasking, prioritizing competing deadlines and enjoys taking on new challenges in a creative and innovative environment. S/he has some background in project management and execution, research, earned media or social media campaigns and is a strong writer.
This employee has obtained a four-year degree and has two to four years of relevant experience. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to work for, learn from and be mentored by experienced professionals. You’ll join a strong, thriving team under senior direction dedicated to staff development.
The ideal candidate:
- Is interested in and excited by social change and issue campaigns
- Has 2-4 years of prior experience in communication planning and media relations
- Has prior experience in or strong passion for racial justice is a plus!
- Has prior experience in or strong passion for preserving our national parks… another plus!
- Is a media and news junkie
- Is a strong communicator with solid communications skills – written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Is a multi-tasker and effective organizer who is capable of managing competing tasks and projects simultaneously while ensuring deadlines are met
- Is able to build trust and cultivate strong relationships with teams, clients, vendors and industry professionals
- Has ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain a professional “can do” attitude
- Is able to clearly and promptly communicate problems, needs, opportunities and proposed solutions to your manager and colleagues in order to solve problems
- Performs tasks accurately and thoroughly to ensure high-quality work is delivered on time
- Is able to take the initiative to identify challenges, propose solutions and take the lead when prompted by a supervisor.
What you’ll do at Fenton:
- Build media lists, pitch reporters, secure interviews and develop media contacts
- Monitor trends/changes in news media, social media, political and nonprofit landscape
- Coordinate project events and schedules
- Assist in developing client strategy working with senior staff
- Ensure that assigned clients receive regular status reports and budget updates
- Support projects in issue management, messaging, branding and public engagement
- Write, proof and edit key documents including: reports, memos, client and media communications, case studies, proposals, letters, emails
- Organize and maintain lists, databases and libraries of critical client and agency information
- Attend strategy and planning meetings with account team; track, record and report on assignments and deliverables
- Act as point of contact for smaller tasks and back up point of contact for larger tasks
- Contribute to projects by conducting research, coordinating with outside vendors and client contacts
- Assist with developing project and task budgets and timelines
- Effectively present updates internally and externally on assignments
- Follow agency operational and accounting processes
- Train and mentor account coordinators
- Keep track of your time and record it properly
- Participate in new business pitches as needed
- Participate in brainstorm and ideation sessions, contributing ideas and tactical approaches to achieve client objectives
- Support the pitch leader in research and materials development
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.