Permanent / Full Time
Account Director, Digital – NY or DC – Passion for Global Health
Fenton is the social change agency taking on the world’s toughest challenges in human rights, social and economic justice, environment, education and public health. Primed with deep issue expertise and powered by creativity and passion, we create strategies for clients to help build a more just, equitable and sustainable world. Our communications and digital experts combine creative skills with deep sector expertise to help changemakers maximize the impact of their work.
With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Seattle, we develop and execute strategic public awareness campaigns. Fenton has a culture steeped in social change and activism, with a collaborative work environment, excellent benefits and a strong sense of purpose and community across the agency.
We are currently seeking a Digital Account Director with a passion for making social change, in either our NY or DC office with a particular emphasis on global health and international affairs. They will play a pivotal role in the strategic direction of our account work and business development activities. This role requires a strategic thinker who is able to gain a deep understanding of the agency capabilities and has a strong digital background in content creation, inter-platform strategy and creative storytelling.
The AD oversees account teams in addition to direct reports. The AD contributes to – and leads – the creation of digital strategies that strengthen our firm. The AD is a trusted counselor to our clients, a standard-bearer of excellence in our firm and a role model of leadership to our staff.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and overseeing digital strategies for individual organizations as well as unique workstreams within a larger cross-communications efforts
- Managing integrated, data-driven digital campaigns, including social media, website development, email advocacy outreach and paid media (social, search, and display)
- Creating a wide range of high-level communications products including strategic plans, proposals, creation of specific platforms, digital and social media messaging documents, etc.
- Client Management
- Providing the highest level of substantive, digital counsel to clients to foster the relationship of a trusted advisor and ensuring clients receive regular status reports and budget updates
- Developing clear and concise digital reports and audits that break down complicated data into easy-to understand language while always keeping the client’s goals in mind
- Counseling both digitally nascent and sophisticated clients on digital best practices to reach their goals and KPIs
- Project Management
- Managing the intake of new projects, ranging from immediate to long-range time horizons, and effectively leveraging staff and resources to accomplish client requests
- Providing day-to-day oversight of multiple large accounts including strategic counsel, quality control checks, and evaluation of account progress and client satisfaction
- Managing the profitability of clients and the billability and effectiveness of the respective teams; implementing corrective actions to improve performance, efficiency and profitability.
- Firm Responsibilities
- Assuming an office-wide role in training and mentoring staff
- Projecting hours needed from staff assigned to accounts, working with other senior staff to distribute billable hours among junior staff as necessary
- Working closely with reps from the platforms (Google, Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat) to stay on top of best marketing practices and recommendations.
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree; Master’s degree in Public Health desirable, but not required as well as certificates in health, rights and project management
- 5-8 years’ experience in digital communications, agency, or demonstrated equivalent experience in NGO or government public relations
- Experience in a public relations or advertising agency highly desirable; firm understanding of client billing process, client contracts and customer service
- Experience in global health, global development or corporate social responsibility preferred
- Strong and proven skills in project management (staff, budget and client relations)
- Experience creating, launching and optimizing integrated communications campaigns, across social media, editorial, thought leadership and paid media
- Takes a data-driven approach to campaigns and is able to analyze and optimize campaigns and make decisions based on the data
- Demonstrated business development, including proposal development, pitching and landing new business skills
- 2-4 years’ staff management and mentoring experience, including direct management of a staff at varying careers levels
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, and interact and perform in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively – both verbal and nonverbal, with various levels of staff, clients, contractors and media
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism and flexibility in approach to project assignment
Fenton is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the affirmative hiring of women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. We strive to represent the diverse community reflected in our client work.