Four Ways You Can Join the UN General Assembly
By Katherine Brandon
As diplomats, changemakers, and thought leaders convene in New York this week, everyone has an opportunity and role to play in joining conversations to make the world a better place. As the social change agency, Fenton is “looking forward” to a future abundant with possibilities. Across the globe, individuals, organizations, companies, governments, communities and countries are collaborating and innovating for a better world. But, there’s still work to be done to meet the world’s humanitarian needs, address climate goals, and lessen public health disparities.
Fortunately, Fenton works alongside our amazing clients as we embark on ambitious initiatives to make our world a better place for all. And we hope you will join us.
We’re spotlighting four key ways for you to engage with social good initiatives during UNGA 77:
1. Check out Fenton’s calendar of events for a fuller picture of the must-watch and noteworthy happenings surrounding this year’s UN General Assembly.
We are proud of our clients who are showcasing important work and commitments to the SDGs. Here is a snapshot of client events to watch/join:
- Sustainable Surgical Systems and Planetary Health, hosted by SmileTrain, September 21, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM at The Harvard Club of New York City
- High-Level Dialogue and Launch of Out of the Shadows Index 2022, hosted by Ignite World and World Vision, September 20, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM, Church Center of the United Nations
- Rx for Primary Health Care: A People-First Prescription, hosted by Jhpiego, September 20, 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM at The Westin New York Grand Central
2. Participate in the conversation online and follow the many brands, nonprofit organizations and NGOs paving the way for health equity. Follow Fenton and our clients on Twitter for updates. Monitor hashtags that will include #UNGA77, #SDGs, and #UNGA to see real-time updates from thought leaders, diplomats, and journalists. Some events will even be soliciting comments and questions from the public. These opportunities will be announced on Twitter via the @UN account!
Here are some organizations we recommend following on Twitter during UNGA:
3. Watch the UNGA livestream. The UN will be streaming the event on its web page here. Tune in to follow the debates in real time. If you can’t tune in live, you can still check out recaps of previous sessions here.
4. Attend Fenton’s upcoming reception. If you are in New York City during UNGA, RSVP to and attend Fenton’s Looking Forward Reception! We will be gathering on September 21 to reconnect, reflect on the UN General Assembly and look ahead to what’s next.
We hope to see you at UNGA 77. Together, we can move progress forward.