August’s Fenton Five
Five things we love this month:
1. The Daily Beast’s McPoverty Calculator shows how paying a few more cents for a Big Mac could massively increase employees’ paychecks. We’re lovin’ it.
2. The Camp Gyno video—or the “best tampon ad in the history of the world”—has taken the internet by storm. Smart creative + marketing to women in a frank and witty way=profit.
3. Pop some champagne and get the Kleenex ready as you browse 75 unforgettable moments from Minnesota’s first day of marriage equality.
4. Need a vacation? Travel around the world in 80 seconds with this gallery of winning entries from the 2013 National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest.
5. Have you ever seen a New York subway car full of smiling people? Neither had we, until we saw the Panhandler Prank, a delightful video that reminds us never to judge a book by its cover.