20 Ways to Stay Up-To-Date on Social Change and Communications Trends
Earlier this week, Fenton hosted a webinar on social change communications trends (you can download the slides here and listen to the recording here). A couple participants wanted to know about our favorite ways to stay updated on communications and social good trends, so we asked our team to come up with their top trend-spotting sources. We’re pleased to present 20 ways that you can stay up-to-date on trends that matter to your organization:
1. Fast Company: Browse Fast Company’s Co.Design and Co.Exist platforms, and you’ll find a visually-rich collection of stories that point to the latest trends in social good and design.
2. All Things D: For digital trends, news and perspectives, head over to All Things D, one of our favorite technology websites.
3. Pew Research Center: If you’re a fan of numbers and stats, browsing the Pew Research Center’s website will make you feel like a kid in a candy store. For the latest in public opinion and media consumption trends, Pew Research is a must.
4. Guardian Sustainable Business: GSB is your go-to website for news, trends and opinions on all things CSR. Browse their Hubs page to get the latest headlines.
5. HBR Blog Network: Harvard Business Review’s blog offers in-depth perspectives on topics like innovation, purpose in business, leadership and creativity. We feel smarter every time we read it.
6. Trendwatching.com Trend Briefings: To stay up-to-date on consumer trends and innovations, sign up for the monthly Trend Briefing from trendwatching.com. It’s free and available in multiple languages.
7. eMarketer.com Daily Newsletter: Get the latest digital marketing facts and data on the daily with eMarketer’s newsletter.
8. CSRWire’s Daily News Alert: Stay informed about corporate social responsibility trends and best practices with CSRWire’s info-packed daily news alerts.
9. MIT Sloan Management Review: This monthly newsletter offers new research and smart perspectives on management topics like sustainability, social business and digital transformation.
10. Ragan’s Daily Headlines: This daily roundup of PR and social media tips, trends and stories consistently provides entertaining, visually-engaging content that can help shape your communications strategy.
11. HubSpot: If anyone knows content marketing, it’s HubSpot. Follow them on Twitter for marketing trends and actionable tips.
12. Visually: Visually’s tweets showcase the latest and greatest in data visualization.
13. GOOD: GOOD’s Twitter handle does a superb job of curating new and innovative social good tactics, campaigns and trends.
14. ReadWrite: For news and trends on tech and social media, make sure you’re one of the 1 million+ people following ReadWrite.
15. AdWeek: In addition to industry news, AdWeek tweets the latest marketing trends and insights, and offers plenty of examples of those trends in action.
16. Social Good Summit: Held during UN Week (September 22-24), the Social Good Summit brings global leaders together to address how new media can make the world a better place.
17. The Net Impact Conference: This high-energy conference (Oct 24-26) empowers students and professionals to “supercharge world change.”
18. Social Innovation Summit: Twice per year, the Social Innovation Summit (November 19-20) invites global leaders to join together on these webinar platforms to investigate and build solutions to our most pressing challenges.
19. Sustainable Brands Conference: Brand, sustainability and innovation leaders join forces at the Sustainable Brands Conference (June 4-7) to share ideas, best practices and success stories.
20. #CSRChat: Hosted by Fenton’s own Susan McPherson, #CSRchat brings together executives, thought leaders and social good superheroes to discuss corporate responsibility trends and topics. Follow @susanmcp1 to make sure you don’t miss the next one!
That’s it from us! Now we’d love to hear from you; tweet your favorite trend-spotting sources to @fentonprogress.